Vision & Mission
CovertSwarm is a leading provider of constant cyber attack via subscription services. Our Offensive Operations Center (OOC) is a critical component of our commercial offering. We are seeking a Product Owner to drive the product strategy, discovery, and engineering specifications for the OOC.
We exist to compromise our clients, outpacing their genuine cyber threats.
We are the good actors – finding vulnerabilities and new attack vectors by thinking and acting like a malicious attacker. The difference is the intent behind the action. Action that better reflects the actual methods of attack than traditional pentesting.
We offer constant, unlimited scope, multi-discipline attacks via subscription – a truly unique proposition to the market.
By giving you a bad actor’s view of your organisation, constantly updated as the technology and social opportunities evolve, you’ll know where and how to fortify your defences. In a world where the attackers don’t play by the rules, CovertSwarm’s attack drills are more effective than a sterile pentest consultant engagement.
It is our mission for the Offensive Operations Center to become the number one platform organizations use to manage their offensive operations.
Product Owner Job Description
What will your role be?
As our first Product Owner at CovertSwarm, you will be responsible for shaping the strategic direction of the CovertSwarm Offensive Operations Center (OOC). This is a leadership role. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to drive the strategy for the OOC product and ensure its alignment with our business goals.
We are a young, fast growing business with ambitious growth plans to diversify, scale further faster and internationalise.
This is a great opportunity to join a company with strong foundations and a talented, entrepreneurial management team. We are looking for a commercial, yet “hands on” individual, who can deeply understand the product mechanics of the business, build out and lead CovertSwarm’s product function to support the business as it grows.
You are customer obsessed. You will work closely with clients to understand their needs as well as with CovertSwarm’s Engineering, Operations and Management teams and work will be presented to the Board as required.
There will be multiple ‘sources of priorities’ which you will be expected to judge, balance and recommend. For example:
- Force multiplier and primary platform for our top-tier professional services teams (the Swarm) to collaborate with one another and with client teams.
- Platform and framework to power and orchestrate our own or 3rd party automations and services.
- Attract a very large audience of potential clients through self-service and free product offering.
This position plays an important leadership role in shaping the future of the business and has potential progression to Head of Product/Product Director/Chief Product Officer.
What will you be doing?
User-Centric Focus: Devote your time to immersing yourself in the world of our users, both internal and external. Strive to gain an in-depth understanding of their needs, preferences, and pain points.
Needs Analysis: Examine user needs meticulously, differentiating genuine requirements from mere desires. Challenge assumptions and work to distil actionable insights that guide product development and engineering efforts.
Differentiation: Set yourself apart by your ability to discern between “good enough” solutions and exceptional ones. Aim to be a driving force in identifying and implementing innovative solutions that elevate our products.
Product Strategy: Develop and communicate a clear and compelling product vision and strategy for the CovertSwarm Offensive Operations Center (OOC) in line with the company’s overall objectives.
Product Discovery: Lead the product discovery process, including market research, customer feedback, competitive analysis, and technology trends to identify new opportunities and define product requirements.
Roadmap Management: Create and maintain a product roadmap that outlines key milestones and deliverables, prioritizing features and enhancements based on customer needs and market demand.
Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, operations, marketing, and sales, to ensure successful product development and delivery.
Customer Advocacy: Act as the voice of the customer, gathering feedback and insights to drive product improvements and enhance the user experience.
Investment Support: Work with the COO and executive team to secure the necessary resources and funding for OOC product development and expansion.
Performance Metrics: Define and track key performance metrics to measure the success and impact of the OOC product, making data-driven decisions to optimize its performance.
AI, Machine Learning, and Automation: Leverage your expertise in AI, machine learning, and automation to enhance the capabilities of the OOC product, making it more effective in countering cyber threats.
This might be you if:
- You have been a product owner or product manager before and you want to join a company that is well positioned for growth, and where you can help us to continue successfully challenge the offensive security industry.
- You have experience in leading high performing product teams, ideally in the offensive security, wider cyber security and/or tech services space.
- You are commercially minded but ground all you can do in a “hands on approach” to product strategy, design, specification and research.
- You have worked in fast growing organisations. Fast growth is fun, but very different from steady-state businesses, so it’s important you understand this concept.
- You are familiar with professional services and managed services that are supported by a product offering to enhance delivery and automate what can be to enable our operations team to spend more time compromising clients.
- You have had experience in dealing software-as-a-service (SaaS) ideally in the offensive security and/or attack surface management (ASM) space.
- You want to challenge the legacy penetration testing and red teaming industries. Point in time testing is a waste of time!
- You are strong at problem solving. You will need critical thinking to deal with complex situations.
- You are a driver. You drive things forward; you don’t wait for people to chase you. You get on with it independently, bringing others with you.
- You are a leader. In the true sense. Someone that people want to work with and who can add to other people’s careers and perspectives.
There are many roads leading up to being a Product Owner. Not sure you meet 100% of our requirement? Our team is already a mix of self-taught and formally educated people. Don’t self-select out!
Aside from working with some of the most talented and passionate people in the industry we can also offer you:
- A salary up to £60,000 for this role and the candidate must be based primarily based in the UK.
- A fully remote role with only the need to travel when in-person meetings are required, or we are running our bi-annual SwarmCon events.
- Work when you want – That does not have to be a 9-6, but we only ask that the job is done well, and core meetings are attended online.
- Unlimited Training – If it is relevant and will help you develop your skills and knowledge to improve CovertSwarm’s product offering, then you can do whatever training you need to fulfil this.
- Unlimited Holiday – We all need downtime, take it, whenever you need it. There are no prizes for burnout. You work to live, not live to work.
- No corporate politics – The continued growth of CovertSwarm as a business, the team, and the quality of our services depends upon us being radically candid with one another. Always.
We pay good salaries, have a brilliant culture, and our Board are even hackers too! If you are just chasing the biggest pay packet or are driven by your ego, then we are not for you, and you are not for us.